NECWA All Day Marine Adventure Cruises
Seabird & Whale Tales Excursion
New England Coastal Wildlife Alliance (NECWA) makes two all day marine wildlife excursions, called Seabird & Whale Tales (SAWT). Each season, we offer both a spring excursion and a fall excursion providing a full day of wildlife viewing offshore. Proceeds from our SAWT trips supports NECWA's various marine education and research programs, including our Marine Wildlife Research Program (MMRP) and our New England Basking Shark and Ocean Sunfish Project (NEBShark).
2016 Excursion Dates:
- Spring Excursion - Sunday, June 12th from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M.
- Fall Excursion - Sunday, September 11th from 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Registration and payment through PayPal: Tickets can now be purchased through NECWA's Constant Contact Site.
This site provides more information and allows you to register online for the trip as well as purchase tickets through PayPal using your PayPal account. If you are paying by check, please register through the Constant Contact Event website, then send your payment to NECWA at 11 Clarence Soule Drive, Middleboro MA 02346.
Click HERE for the June SAWT Trip.
You can also download our registration form for more information.
We sail with Plymouth Whale Watching that operates out of the State Pier in Plymouth Harbor.>
Our guest naturalists onboard can include wildlife experts:
- David Clapp of Natural History Services,
- Wayne Petersen of Massachusetts Audubon Society,
- Jim Sweeney, Blair Nikula and Peter Flood from South Shore Bird Club.
These guest naturalists provide wonderful commentary about the seabirds, whales, dolphins, seals, basking sharks and ocean sunfish that are found in the waters off Cape Cod.
Leave from Plymouth Harbor aboard the Son IV owned and operated by Plymouth Whale Watching. Meet at the State Pier in Plymouth to check in 1/2 hour before sailing time. You can bring food and drink, but please no alcohol or any items in glass containers. You can purchase a variety of hot and cold foods, including many homemade items, from the galley.
- Breakfast items include: a variety of muffins, donuts and bagels.
- Lunch items include: clam chowder, turkey chili, a variety of veggie and meat sandwiches and homemade desserts!
- Drinks include: tea, coffee, a variety of sodas, and seltzers.
- Please bring your travel mug to help reduce the paper and plastic waste produced during the trip.
Offshore Activities Include
- Chumming for seabirds.
- Plankton collection using a plankton net and examination using onboard microscopes.
- Free onboard raffle where you could win a nature gift including field guides, wildlife DVDs and CDs, bird feeders, wildlife books, NECWA clothing and more. If you wish to donate an item to the raffle event, bring it with you the day of sailing and we will add it to our collection.
Please email KrillCarson@mac.com if you or your organization would like to donate items that could be used for the galley (food, travel mugs, etc.) or the onboard raffle (any nature-related item).
Purchase 9 tickets for any Seabird & Whale Tales excursion and your organization will receive the 10th ticket for free. When registering for a trip, make sure to include your organization’s name on the form.
- Pre-sale ticket price $90
- Late registration ticket price goes up to $100
- Tickets can be purchased through PayPal and can be paid with your PayPal account. You can also register online and then pay with a check or money order (see registration form for details).
Remember the number of passengers is limited in order to ensure a comfortable ride offshore for everyone.
In the event that the trip is canceled due to lack of interest or inclement weather, you will be notified and refunded $80 per cruise ticket. The captain will make the determination for weather cancellation either the day before the trip or on the morning of the excursion.
NECWA is a registered 501(c) 3 non-profit organizations. You will receive a voucher for a portion of the ticket price that can be used as a tax-deductible donation on your taxes.